We have just put together some dates for our autumn workshops.
Autumn and Winter Drama and Public Speaking Workshops 2013 (Sussex)
An exciting range of courses run by the Prep4 directors Graham Lee, Victoria Davies Jones and Pippa Cross. Some workshops also include visiting specialists. We usually take a maximum of fifteen students per session. The workshops below are suitable for ages 11 – 14.
Venue: The Old Rectory, Folkington, East Sussex, BN26 5SD
For further details contact us on 07870 800914 or email@example.com
Introduction to Comedy: Sunday 29 September 10am – 6pm
Comedian Lee Cornes will work with students on a variety of techniques to develop comedy performance including an introduction to ‘stand-up’, physical comedy, acting and comic timing. The workshop will culminate in a short performance of sketches. £65 (inc. lunch)
Play in a Day: Monday 21 October 10am – 6pm
Students will first work with film producer Pippa Cross to devise/select short pieces, and then choreographer and voice coach, Alison Fielding will work intensively with the aspiring actors to develop characters and movement skills and to improve voice projection. Students will prepare for a short performance. £65 (inc. lunch)
Make the Right Impression at 11/13+: Wednesday 23 October 10am – 5pm
A workshop designed to help students applying to senior schools, with an emphasis on how to impress at first meetings and interview. Students will learn about body language, overcoming nerves and communicating with confidence. Suitable for all candidates, including scholars. The session will include individual practice interviews with oral and written feedback. £60 (inc. lunch)
Speaking in public: Sunday 24 November 10 am – 5pm
A day of presentation training to improve confidence when speaking in public – in class and assemblies etc. Students will be taught voice projection, how to present their opinions effectively and how to banish the “likes” “ums” and “ers”. The day will culminate in a presentation to parents. £60 (inc. lunch)
• GRAHAM LEE is visiting drama and communications specialist at Benenden School. He worked with Theatre Centre and has spent many years coaching children and adults.
• VICTORIA DAVIES JONES is an ex BBC reporter/producer and now teaches communication and presentation skills. She runs the Prep4 interview technique and Oxbridge programmes.
• PIPPA CROSS is a film producer whose latest film, Summer in February was released in June. Other credits include BAFTA nominated Shooting Dogs and Longitude, and teen hit Chalet Girl.
• ALISON FIELDING is an actress and movement coach. She is a member of the Guildhall Drama School auditioning panel.
• LEE CORNES is a comedian and writer whose comedy work includes Blackadder and Mr Bean. Acting credits include Mr Hankin in TV series Grange Hill and Trickster in Dr Who.